Thank you for visiting my website which I hope will be a good source for information about District 6. Please visit it often as the News and Calendar change frequently.
I am always looking for ways to stay in touch. Your neighborhood and community meetings are important to me as they give me a chance to hear directly from you about concerns and ideas. If you do not belong to an association, I can arrange to meet with your friends and neighbors for conversation in your home. Please get in touch with me about upcoming activities so that I can attend. You can reach me at 404-371-4909, through my website, www.kathiegannon.com or email at email@example.com.
Sign up for District 6 Updates.
Follow me on Facebook!
Sign up for emergency notifications.
District 6 Updates and Events
The state of Georgia is currently in a drought and every drop counts! DeKalb County is classified under Level 1 Drought category. Utilize the following tips to aid in the conservation of water:
- Use a rain gauge to determine how much it has rained over the week before watering outdoor plants. Most outdoor plants need an inch of water per week.
- Water in several short sessions instead of one long session. This reduces runoff and allows water to infiltrate into soil and plant roots.
- Only water lawns when needed. If the blades of grass don’t bounce back after walking across the lawn, it is time to water. Water lawns and plants in the early morning and late evening. Consider using a rain barrel to collect water.
- Check and repair leaks inside and outside the home.
- Shorten showers and turn off water when shaving or brushing teeth.
- Fill dishwashers and washing machines. Make sure there is a full load every time.
Happy Holidays from Comissioner Gannon. Here are some events to kick off the Christmas season and get you in the holiday spirit!
Light Up Brookhaven
Light Up Brookhaven will be held at BlackBurn Park December 8th from 6-8pm. The free event features special musical performances, visits with Santa, holiday crafts, refreshments, and holiday display lighting.
24th Annual Avondale Estates Tour of Homes
The popular annual tour will be held on December 11th from 3-8pm. and features the best of Avondale’s Tudor-syled homes decorated for the holiday season. Visit www.avondaletourofhomes.com for ticket information.
Continue to check here for updates!
This holiday season, utilize these simple safety tips to keep yourself and loved ones safe:
1. Lock all car doors, even if leaving for a short period of time
2. Leave gifts in a trunk or hidden in the interior of the car to avoid being seen by others.
3. Have your car keys in hand when leaving a store.
4. Keep bags closed and close to your body to make them less susceptible to thieves.
Let’s stay safe this holiday season!
County Events & Meetings
| DeKalb Delegation Pre-Legislative Session Town Hall Meeting Rescheduled!
TOWN HALL MEETING
Monday, November 28, 2016 CHANGED TO:
Thursday December 15, 2016
6:00PM - 8:00PM
Manuel Maloof Auditorium
1300 Commerce Drive
Decatur, GA 30030
For additional information contact:
Rep. Howard Mosby, District 83
607-D Coverdell Legislative Office Bldg.
Atlanta, GA 30334 404-656-0287